Usage of temp directory in JIRA

Heshan Manamperi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2013

Guys,

What is the usage of temp directory in JIRA? I mean Is it using when excel export fucntions, load dashboard gadjets, uploading attachmnets.... etc..

Thanks in advance,

hesh

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2013

Yes, JIRA writes the temporary files to the temp directory. It stores the temporary files such as import / export files, attachment files and indexes in this /temp directory.

Hope this answers it!

Heshan Manamperi
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2013

I have changed the location of temp directory by editing catalina.sh file. But i'm unable to verify whether it has been changed or not. Any suggesions.

Heshan Manamperi
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2013

Hi Naren,

I have found another workaround for change the location of temp directory. I use symbolic links. It works fine. Is there any issues of this method?

Development August 29, 2016

Hi  all,

In my temp directory there are so many files how can i know that this file is relate with which issue.

e.g I want to know the file which is relate to issue-1.

Suggest an answer