Urgent solution needed to hide time log, estimation,etc

Rumceisz July 19, 2012

Hi All,

we are in a big trouble hence 2 project leaders of our Jira instance need an urgent help to every time logging related field.

It means the time log, estimation, remaining estimate, etc..

I know that the Time log can be restricted but they said they don't trust in their developers and they may forget to restrict those fields.

I was recommended the Field Security Plugin which would be ok: we pay for that. I only ask you whether you know a better or cheaper, more efficient solution? Once again: we would use a charged solution so it's not problem if the solution is not free.

Another question: can the Time Sheet Report hidden from users, groups?? Because in a different project all the time logs are restricted from me but in the time sheet report I can see all the time logs!!!

Thanks in advance!

Rumi

5 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2012

Last time I looked, no, it's a simple global report - it's either enabled, or it's not. I suspect it has to be that way to cover developers who work in more than one project.

The non-urgent solution is for you to code something that does the job. My instinct, as I said before, would be to wrap some security around the timesheet plugin (And carry on using the field security plugin)

0 votes
Rumceisz July 22, 2012

Hi Nic,

ok thank you!

I just want to be convinced that the Security Plugin is the optimal solution.

Can the Time Sheet Report be switched off only for one project? Because 40 different porjects keep using it.

Thank you for your help!

Rumi

PS.: what would be the non urgent solution?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2012

I don't think you've got much choice if it's urgent - use the field security plugin and turn off the timesheets while you work on something more permanent. If that works ok, then I'd then go see if you can rewrite the timesheet plugin to wrap your security around it.

0 votes
Rumceisz July 20, 2012

Hi Renjith,

actually you're right. Iwas not clear: I'd like to hide all the time related fields from a group of users. Which means implicitly that they cannot edit too.

We only know how to restrict time logging but the project lead doesn't want to use that because the developers keep forgetting to restrict the time log.

So their need is to automatically hide these fields from group(s).

How can it be?

Thanks in advance!

Rumi

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2012

Frankly, eventhough you mentioned that you need to restrict time logging, I am not clear what you really want to achieve.

Is it that you want the set of people who can log time or set of people who can see the reports?

Suggest an answer