Urgent - How can I connect my Jira Server with Google Form

Panthep AJ Lertbuntham July 21, 2015

Dear Atlassian Team,

May I ask how to connect Google form with our Jira? 

The problem is When we create a Google form and submit it. 

How can I auto trigger them to create an issue in Jira? 

It is possible to connect JIRA and Google form? 

or any plug-in suggestion? 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2015

Does need to be a Google Docs form? Wouldn't be possible to you to use the JIRA issue collector?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+the+Issue+Collector

If not, the only way I can think is what Nic already suggested. Use Google App Script to do a REST call to the JIRA API and create the issue with the data from the docs document you have.

Cheers!
Teilor

Nice! Thank you Teilor. I'm still confuse in documents. Do you know any Jira plug-in that integrate Jira and Google Form?

teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2015

As far I can tell, there is not such a plugin to this integration. Another alternative, besides the ones we already mention, is pay a Expert (https://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts) to develop a specific solution for your needs.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2015

Assuming your form can run stuff when you submit it, I'd use the REST interface in JIRA to create issues from the form.  (Or just get your users to do it directly)

Thank you Nic. I try to find the "How to do it?" Would you please help me find a document or anything I can follow step by step?

0 votes

It should be better if anyone built a plug-in to connect all of the Google Apps with JIRA. My company will buy it no matter how cost it is. 

PS. With reasonable price. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2015

The problem with that comment is defining what you *want* in a generic way that could lead to an addon. Your requirement is to post new issues from a google form, and you don't need a plugin for that, you can do it by getting your form to issue a REST call. There would be no advantage or reason to write a plugin to do that, you'd still need to make a call on the google side. Might as well use the existing REST stuff.

Suggest an answer