Urgent: Automated worklog plugin not working after entering new JIRA license key

Service and maintenance December 9, 2014

Our JIRA license was renewed, but after entering the new product key, the Automated Worklog plugin says

"License status: Incompatible with product license (wrong type)"

We tried restarting JIRA and we tried upgrading the plugin to the latest version, but that did not solve the problem. Please advice on how we can get this plugin working again.

These are the relevant license:

JIRA: SEN-2257756
Automated Work Log: SEN-3348904 

3 answers

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2014

You likely updated your JIRA license from legacy to non-legacy licensing. All you plugin licenses must also be changed to non-legacy. Contact sales@atlassian.com to get them fixed up. In the mean-time revert your JIRA license back to the old one.

0 votes
Service and maintenance December 10, 2014

Yes,

I went to my.atlassion.com, generated the license for our serverid and copy/pasted the new license key into the admin/license page of our JIRA. JIRA correctly show the expiration date of the new license key. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2014

Could you compare the JIRA licence with the plugin licence?  I mean the text beneath them - does the JIRA one say something like "Commercial licence" and the Automated worklog says "Development"?

Service and maintenance December 10, 2014

Both say commercial license;

Automated worklog: 500-user commercial license, Standard
JIRA (Server) 500 Users: Commercial License

The plugin was working correctly up until the moment we updated the licensekey of our JIRA install. We simple renewed the JIRA license through my.atlassian.com, we did not change licence/product. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2014

Ok, it's not that then. When you say "we renewed the Jira licence" - did you paste the new licence key into the Jira server? (I'm 99% sure you did, but I just want to check) I think this might be one for the addon vendor's issue tracker though.

Suggest an answer