Upon creating the Issue it should automatically link the ticket as sub-task to the Issue Type

Prasad Andrews July 16, 2017

Hello,

My requirement is that I would need the below option added under the program management in JIRA. Design Change/Update.

For the above option, below should be the checklist criteria

1. If the change is for Program Level, Program/Multi-tenant name is mandatory and it should automatically provide an option to select whether there any fee changes required for this change. If yes for fee change, there should be a .xlsx attachment mandatory.

Upon creating the ticket it should automatically link the ticket as sub-task to the Program or Multi-tenant Main ticket.

2. If the design code change is for a Particular BP, BP ID(Custom Field) is mandatory and it should automatically provide an option to select whether there any fee changes required for this change.

If yes for fee change, there should be a .xlsx attachment mandatory. Upon creating the ticket it should automatically link the ticket as sub-task to the BP’s Main ticket based on bp id.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2017

>Upon creating the issue, it should automatically link the ticket as sub-task 

You should be using sub-task types to do this.  Then the link is automatic, because you create the issue as a sub-task of a parent.

0 votes
Prasad Andrews July 16, 2017

As per the client requirement i have made the changes below:

I have created new Issue Type “Design Change/Update” and created the fields “BP ID, Fee Values, Program Name”. As requested I have mandatory the fields also I have created the one more field called Fee Changes Required with options “Yes/No”   We can’t mandatory the attachment field because it’s a Default. So I have updated the comments under Fee Changes Required field that If fee change is required then they will select the option YES and attach the .xlsx file.

Requiremet.PNG

But here my questions is -- 

As per the requirement - Upon creating the issue, it should automatically link the ticket as sub-task to the BP’s parent issue based on bp id (Custom Field ID).

Here BP ID is Field.

Is this possible???

Please help me on this.................

Prasad Andrews July 17, 2017

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Hi Nic, 

Please guide me on this....

Regards,

Andy

Suggest an answer