Uploading images directly through "description" in new issue screen

Andreas Jung January 21, 2020

Jira (Server) allows my users to upload images directly through the "description" editor functionality (rather than through the dedicated attachment upload widget). This functionality is not available in Jira Cloud...any change for getting this back in Jira Cloud?

2 answers

0 votes

There is no "Browse"  option available on the "description" field.screenshot-dgho-onkopedia.atlassian.net-2020.01.21-13_30_34.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

What you have highlighted is the link option not images and files. I have the mountain icon for this purpose. Please try using the “/“ shortcut to see if files and images option is listed. Also check the “+” more option.

"/" is not working. The Browser functionality is available on a different JIRA Server.

There is nothing related under "+".

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

Scratching my head on this. It clearly is there for me. 

31118FEE-B3AD-4471-AE8A-2F7DB0D7916A.jpeg

"Browse" is available on the standard issue screen. It's not available when you create a new issue.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2020

Ok, wait a minute. You are apparently using the “old” issue view not the “new” issue view. It isn’t available in the old. Your title led me to believe you were looking for new view. Can you verify if “Jira Labs” is enabled under settings in your profile?

Switching to the new view does not make a difference

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2020

Can you share a full screenshot like mine? If you are not seeing your best course is Atlassian Support directly.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2020

I just saw your comment on this not being available on the create issue screen. Sorry I missed that earlier. I’m not where I can verify this but I do believe that is the case indeed. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2020

Hi Andreas, I’m not sure exactly what you are going for but it seems to work for me in Cloud. Edit a description and insert an image. Example...

8875821F-7477-4D26-807E-0DD564B65A72.jpeg

Suggest an answer