Uploading Tasks and Bugs to Jira

Jeff Chesney August 3, 2018

Hi!

So in the past my team has managed their personal task lists in Excel.  The tasks are categorized as Maintenance / Bug, To Do Item for a particular project, and Kaizen / Improvement for our software for a particular project.

For my team members who lists are small (less than 30 items), they can manually add the appropriate items.  However, some team members have lists well over that number.

Is there a way to upload task data to Jira, and then associate the task into either a specific project, or a specific service desk queue, etc?

If so, where can I find documentation?

Thank you in advance!

j.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Lauren Schroeder
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2018

Hi Jeff,

You can upload your Excel data by saving it as a .csv file and using the Issue Import feature in Jira.

It should be possible to import the tasks into specific projects, and potentially a certain queue depending on how your queues are setup.

Here's the documentation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/importing-data-from-csv-776636762.html

Best,

Lauren

Jeff Chesney August 3, 2018

Thank you, Lauren!  That was exactly what I needed! :)

Harry Hirsch December 5, 2022

You're the best Lauren, TY!

Suggest an answer