Upload a New Custom Field plugin to JIRA Cloud

Swathi Reddy March 13, 2018

As part of my project requirements , I have developed a new custom field . Please guide me through how to upload the Plugin to JIRA Cloud. Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2018

Hi Swathi,

you can't upload custom apps to Jira Cloud.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2018

Well, you can, sort of, via marketplace, if it's a Connect add-on.

Is your "new custom field plugin" a Connect add-on?  If it's not, then you'll need to start again and redevelop it as a Connect add-on if you want to use it in Cloud.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2018

Thank you @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- for correcting. I didn't know that. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2018

It's not entirely fair - the last time I wrote a Connect add-on, you could not actually do "custom field" with them.  But it has been a while (at least 4 years!).  The "Connect add-on" is still right, just not sure about custom fields with Connect.

Ria J March 19, 2018

Thank you @Thomas Schlegel @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- for the response

Suggest an answer