Upgrading to JIRA 6.1 not sure about these unknown plug-ins

Bryan Trummer - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2014

I am wanting to update my current version of Jira (6.0.8) to Jira 6.1. When doing the compatbility check with the plug ins I receieve an unknown section. I am not sure what these add-ons are. Has anyone done an upgrade with these add-ons being unknown for compatbility and what were the results?

Unknown Plug-Ins:

Atlassian Chaperone

jira-issue-nav-components

Remote Plugins l18n plugin

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2014

AFAIK, last two are system plugins, they come with JIRA and probably contain some mandatory functionality. As for the first one.. never heard of it and can't find any info on it either.

You can look for them in the System Plugins section of the plugin manager. If they're all there, they probably come bundled with JIRA.

But judging by the looks of it, the upgrade should be ok.

2 votes
Evangelos Vrocharis June 1, 2014

I just did a test and I can confirm that Atlassian Chaperone and jira-issue-nav-components come along with JIRA Service Desk (same with Analytics Client Plugin and JIRA Working Hours Plugin)

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2014

Great I figured there would probably need some clean up from the demo of Service Desk.

0 votes
Alicia Pena April 22, 2015

We aren't using JIRA Service Desk yet we have Atlassian Chaperone installed and I'm wondering why?  Does Service Desk eval Installation add Chaperone and then when you uninstall it Chaperone is left behind?

0 votes
David Gruber July 28, 2014

In my OnDemand instance both JIRA and Confluence have the Analytics Client Plugin bundled so likely it has additional purposes beyond JIRA Service Desk.

0 votes
Christopher Watson April 28, 2014

Trying to find info on Atlassian Chaperone, too. The ONLY thing I have been able to find that tells me anything about it, is right in the expanded info panel for it, in JIRA's Manage add-ons screen....

"Provides feature discovery on a per-user basis"

That's not saying much. Sure would like to disable add-ons I don't need. And would love to find out if this is one I don't need.

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2014

I currently have Atlassian Chaperone disabled in my JIRA instance now. I have not seen any changes with JIRA since doing this.

Suggest an answer