Upgrading to JIRA 6.1.2 reports a JIRA CLI error

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2013

I've just upgraded from JIRA 6.0.2 to 6.1.2. Catalina.out is reporting the following:

2013-11-09 11:05:04,287 http-bio-8443-exec-17 WARN anonymous 665x1628x3 qpnymn 86.189.13.28 /plugins/servlet/streams [atlassian.streams.internal.StreamsCompletionService] Registering failure for stream provider JIRA Command Line Tool (JIC) due to error other

The Marketplace says that JIC is compatible with 6.1.2 but the installation instructions say to just put it in a convenient location so I'm not sure where the previous administrator might have put it (I know, bad) and I'm not sure what I need to do to correct this problem.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2013

The JIRA Command Line Interface (often referred to as JCLI) is a client tool (installs on your PC for instance) and is not involved when starting JIRA. Nor does it refer to itself as JIC - I am not sure where that is coming from. You might have some custom plugin or something.

BTW, JIC probably stands for

JIRA Issue Collector | Atlassian Marketplace

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2013

Thanks for the clarification. I must be getting myself confused somewhere. Apologies!

0 votes
Alexis Wilke March 10, 2014

I am getting a similar error:

2014-03-08 15:21:37,047 ajp-bio-8009-exec-17 WARN alexis 921x1957x1 wpt6rn 162.226.130.121 /plugins/servlet/streams [atlassian.streams.internal.StreamsCompletionService] Registering failure for stream provider halk due to error other

halk is the name of my local host. I'm not too sure what "error other" can possibly be...

Suggest an answer