Upgrading plugin malfunction

Philippe Leménager
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

Hello,

Trying to install Database Custom Field plugin, I encountered an error about UPM and noticed that the Upgrade tab mentionned 4 plugins to upgrade. So I've tried to upgrade these 4 plugins but same error message :

Problem accessing plugin file at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/download/plugins/com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira/version/1269?from=upm.</span<>>

I've found this issue about the same problem and it mention the UPM v2.3 but on my server, Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager Plugin is in 1.4.1 version and not mentionned to be upgradable !

How can I upgrade UPM manually or force plugin manager to consider UPM have to be upgraded ?

My Jira version : 4.4.4

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

Hi Phillippe,

You can manually upgrade your UPM by following the instructions in this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Updating+the+Universal+Plugin+Manager#UpdatingtheUniversalPluginManager-UpdatingUPMbyfilereplacement

I ahve checked and the plugin seems to be downloadable from the Marketplace, so please try updating your UPM plugin and if this doesn't resolve your issue then please open a ticket with Support and we will investigate this issue further for you.

All the best,
John

0 votes
Philippe Leménager
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

I've upgraded my test server to 5.2.5 version and plugins have been upgraded too.

Problem solved.

Suggest an answer