Upgrading from <7.0 to 7.1 is a two-step process?

Mikael Barfred April 12, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: JIRA Software 7.1.x upgrade notes

The above mentioned page is saying that upgrading from pre-7.0 to 7.1 requires two upgrades with a stop-over at version 7.0. Can that be true?

So I'm not sure if my upgrading from  JIRA server 6.4.4 (JIRA+JIRA Agile+JIRA servicedesk) to JIRA Software 7.1.4 requires multiple upgrades (stopping over at 7.0) or not?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Wazza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2016

Hi @Mikael Barfred,

Yes, I can confirm that if you're on a version prior to JIRA Software 7.0, and you wish to upgrade to JIRA Software 7.1 or above, you need to perform at least two upgrades. Apologies for the incorrect detail on the migration hub, it looks like we updated the page for JIRA + JIRA Agile, but weren't diligent in updating the JIRA + JIRA Agile + JIRA Service Desk page. I'll get that corrected ASAP.

Sorry for the confusion!

Warren

0 votes
Christian Domsch April 24, 2016

Hi,

over the weekend I performed an upgrade (6.3.10 --> 7.1.4), and unluckily I didn't catch this information. Since the upgrade is now done and a way back is not really possible anymore due to people working on the system already, my question now is: can these upgrade tasks somehow be performed now?

How can you support me in getting my system into a correct state?

Thank you,

Christian

Suggest an answer