Upgrading from 7.12.1 to latest version, database not supported

Paul Dye September 23, 2019

Hi All,

Very much out of my depth so please bear with me, our server admin left.

I'm trying to upgrade the version of Jira Data Centre (from 7.12.1) due to the security risk.

One of the things I am now stuck on is that the pre-upgrade check (Applications->Plan your upgrade) says that "Your current database version won't be supported".

The database that is installed is MariaDB 10.0.19 client version 5.6.6-m9.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul  

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2019

Yes, MariaDB is unsupported.  You will need to move to a supported database, as per error message and docs.

I'm not quite sure what you are asking here, as the error message is clear about needing a differerent database.

Paul Dye September 23, 2019

Thanks for the response.

I was querying because I don't know if the auto checker would have said MariaDB was unsupported before eg when originally using version 7.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2019

Ah, yes, it did not warn you in older versions, although I thought 7.12 was after they introduced the code to check it.

Suggest an answer