Upgrading JIRA

Aaron Ross February 6, 2019

Hi all, I am going to perform an upgrade on JIRA. Can I download the trial versions and the license will automatically apply, or do I need to get different installers?

Thanks!

Aaron

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2019

Aaron, 

How are you planning on executing the upgrades? A lot of people perform a "in place" upgrade. They upgrade the existing installation files using an installer. You wouldn't need to download any trail versions to do that. 

Look here for the installers.
Thanks, 

Kian

Aaron Ross February 8, 2019

That is the link I visited before. Those are trial versions.

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2019

Those aren't trials. Those are full versions of Jira. As long as you perform the upgrade in place your license will be applied. The installers are full versions. The only difference is if you have a valid license. 

OK, great. Thanks Kian

0 votes
Aaron Ross February 6, 2019

Yes this is an in-place upgrade. When I look in Applications-Versions & licenses I do not see any place to get an installer. Where do I get this?

Jimmy Van (GLiNTECH)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2019

You can grab them from the web

https://www.atlassian.com/download

wget works too once you get the url of the bin

That is the link I visited before. Those are trial versions.

Suggest an answer