Upgrading JIRA from 6.0.4 to 6.1.2 broke Custom Issue Type filter?

Brandon Barlow November 18, 2013

I upgraded our test JIRA instance from 6.0.4 to 6.1.2. Previously we had a simple filter, literally:

issuetype = Admin

where Admin is a custom issue type, that showed two results, the single Admin issue in two different projects. In 6.1.2, the same filter shows only one of the two Admin issues, but not the other. What would cause this?

1 answer

2 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2013
It looks like a case of broken index, can u reindex and test again?
Brandon Barlow November 19, 2013

That seems to have done the trick. I've upgraded JIRA several times across multiple major versions and have never seen this problem - what was the likely cause of the busted index?

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2013

During an upgrade the database often goes through changes, and it is always recommended that a reindex is performed.

I would n't say it was a busted index but just that a reindex was required which you missed.

Rahul

Suggest an answer