I know that JIRA isn't supported on Mac OSX but it does work for us just fine.
I'm just looking to upgrade our standalone instance from v5.1 up to v6.1.5 and can't decide the best way to do it. We're using an external dB which is a mySQL instance.
If we were running on Linux or Windows i'd opt for the rapid upgrade method, but it doesn't look like that will work for me - so my question is will I have to do the following or is there a shortcut?
1. Do a full backup of JIRA, the JIRA home directory and the dB.
2. Do a fresh install of JIRA 6.1.5 into a clean directory and a clean dB.
3. Restore the backup.
The annoyance is that i'll have to update all the JIRA config files as I did on the initial setup, and I was hoping I could keep much of the config or perform a more rapid method.
Many thanks in advance, Ed.
Does that mean the best bet would be to do the following?
1. Do a full backup of everything (just in case)
2. Shutdown the old instance, and rename the installation directory (to move it out of the way)
3. Install the new version and update the config files to point to the existing dB and JIRA home directory.
4. Start it up... and it will do the upgrade for me.
Does that sound right?
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot