Upgraded Jira 4.2.3 to 5.2 Gadgets/Graphs dont work

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2012

We rebuilt the plugins and updated them, reindex and restarted Jira. The old gadgets dont show on dashboard but get an error. We can add new ones but can we export old ones for each user in 5.2.

Specifically the graphs don't populate and error out

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2013

It appears the graphs are misisng in the DB. Support request opened

0 votes
Theodore Tzidamis
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2012

Hi, Ken. Do you think you can elaborate a bit? Do you get any error in the logs? Furthermore, do you think you can:

1. Shutdown JIRA instance
  2. Delete the contents of $JIRA_HOME\plugins\.osgi-plugins directory
  3. Delete the contents of $JIRA_HOME\plugins\.bundled-plugins directory
  4. Delete the contents of $JIRA_INSTALL\work directory
  5. Restart JIRA instance
  6. Perform a full re-index

I know this sounds generic but it makes sense to pick it up from somewhere. Furthermore, can you add a couple of screenshots here?

A last (albeit crazy) suggestion: Can you check if $JIRA_HOME is owned by the user used to start up JIRA?

If you feel this sounds too complicated, feel free to create an issue for Atlassian Support to elaborate and investigate this. There is a lot to be checked here: Your OS, OS permissions, database and - mainly - your logs.

If I'd have to provide with a quick suggestion I'd go for monitoring the logs and trying to reload a dashboard that creates issues. Then posting the stacktrace here or in your support issue.

Theo

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2012

I tried the above and got Timesheet plugin error which is a purchased plugin. Opened a support ticket

Suggest an answer