Upgrade to Jira 7.3 has allowed to many admin rights to project owners

Jeff Houston June 19, 2017

My company upgraded to Jira 7.3 over this weekend and this has now given Project Level Admins the ability to modify Project Workflows.  The tools team that admins Jira does not want this feature.  Out project level admins do not have enough experience with Jira to handle this extra set of abilities.

We currently have 130+ projects and I'd prefer not to edit all of them one by one to remove amy users from the Project Admin settings. Is there a way to do a global edit to either remove users other that the jira-administrator from the Project Admin role?  Alternately is there a way to disable the ability of the Project Level Admin from modifying Project Workflows?

Thanks,

Jeff Houston

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2017

Not yet.

If I have read it correctly, JIRA 7.4 will allow you to disable the ability.

For 7.3, the only thing you can do is share the workflow - the ability to edit the workflow applies only if the workflow is not shared with any other projects.

Jeff Houston June 20, 2017

Interesting, most of our workflows are shared so I'll discuss this with my team. 

Thanks for the information.

Suggest an answer