Upgrade process from v5.0.7 to v6.0.1

Neal Ruttledge June 6, 2013

I am new to Linux and have been microsoft based for many years. I am looking for some assistance with upgrading my jira instance to the latest ver.

Thanks

8 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2013

Start by reading the documentation - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Upgrading+JIRA

It's worth reading the release notes for the major interim releases (i.e. 5.1 and 5.2).

I know that's a bit of an RTFM answer, but your question is very generalised and there is plenty of documentation around which you'll simply be referred to for most upgrade stuff. If you've got specific questions after reading, then you'll have more luck with answers if you tell us where the docs let you down.

1 vote
AmandaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2013
0 votes
Neal Ruttledge June 23, 2013

OK, Thanks Nic.

0 votes

on the left side of the comment you have "Upvote this answer, Downvote this answer and a tick". All comments have this green tick, but ther is no option to close once this action has been preformed.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2013

I think you are missing the point. Once you've accepted an answer as correct, the issue is closed. You don't do anything else.

Comments are NOT answers, and cannot be marked as answered (although some of us can convert them to answers, and vice-versa)

0 votes

Hi Nic,

How do I accept answers?

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2013

There's a mark to the left of each answer (unless it's moved since I accepted some answers a while ago - I don't ask many questions nowadays...) Once it's done, you can see a green tick to the right of the accepted answers. The tick also shows on the left on the list of questions.

0 votes

Next question.. How do I close this question?!?!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2013

If you've accepted one or more answers, it's shown as closed.

0 votes
Neal Ruttledge June 13, 2013

Thank you guys for your responces. There was a glich with the website where apon choosing the linux download file, you were in turn only getting the link to the windows download. I have addressed this with Atlassian.

I have the correct file now and proceding with the upgrade

0 votes
Neal Ruttledge June 6, 2013

Thanks all for the responce.

I have spent 2 days reading these articles trying to figure this out. When you extract the .zip files there is a whole other file structure within and the thing is (I am sorry for being thick) but I cannot even start by finding the .bin file or where do I extract these files to.

Downloading the WAR file and extracting, shows me there is an updater folder that has jira-update that I can run from a X-Desktop. I am not sure there again as this is all new to me.

Suggest an answer