Upgrade path for JIRA 5.1.3 to JIRA 6.1.5

Moinul Rony January 7, 2014

Hi we are running production Atlassian JIRA 5.1.3 and now attempting to upgrade to latest JIRA 6.1.5.

What should be my upgrade path? I have set up a JIRA 6.1.5 instance in a new infrastructure and am trying to load data ( home directory and mysql dump ) in the new instance.

Am I following the right path. Please advice.

Regards,

- Rony

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Following the JIRAKB article I was able to complete the upgrade..

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2014

Home directory + copy of old data - sounds correct to me for 5.x to 6.1.

Are you having problems with it?

I assume your MySQL dump is loaded into a nice clean database, the home directory copied and Jira installed before you start Jira. The only advice I'd add is that it's actually worth testing a new install with an empty database to make sure the new application actually works. It should spin up and create an empty Jira, which you can do a bit of testing on, then you drop the tables in there and load the dump from production - Jira should then go "oh, old data, ok, upgrading it now"

Thanks for your quick reply mate.. :)

I believe I did spin up the new install but I loaded the mysql dump on top of the fresh install.. by dropping the table did you mean to drop the database or drop all tables.

Also regarding the home directory - no changes need to be done in there if I am right ?

The error I was getting while it was upgrading or finished upgrading the old data was something like " duplicate Key issue while doing a insert

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Upgrading+To+JIRA+6.1+Fails+Due+To+Duplicate+Issue+Keys

But I will try loading the dump in a clean empty "jiradb" database..

Suggest an answer