Upgrade & migrate 6.4 to 7.0

Jasper Elzinga October 8, 2015

Hello,

I'm planning to upgrade AND migrate my current JIRA 6.4 to a new server where i want to run 7.0. Can i do this in one go or should i first perform an upgrade to 7.0 on my current server? For example: when i export my database in 6.4, will a clean 7.0 install be able to import this format?

Thanks!

Jasper

2 answers

3 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2015

Hello Jasper,

Yes, you can perform the migration and upgrade at same time as described in this document: Migrating JIRA to Another Server

Please be aware that there are many significant changes between 6.4 and 7.0, so I strongly recommend you to read all sections related to your product configuration at Atlassian Migration Hub before performing any tasks. It will be better to set a test instance, perform the upgrade there and study the changes before actually changing your production environment to it. Actually this is good practice for any upgrade.

Support Access 2 networks January 16, 2017

Hi Daniel,

Currently my JIRA server is running on 6.4.12 and it's soon will be EOL. I want to upgrade to 7.0 and can't find the upgrade path from 6.4.12 to 7.0.0. Can I upgrade directly from 6.4.12 to 7.0 or do I need to do minor upgrades first?

Thanks in advance.

0 votes
lukman abdul faqih October 20, 2016

Hi daniel ,

currently right now we had enterprise JIRA we had 100 users license,  the version of JIRA is 6.4.4

we are gonna planning to upgrade our JIRA to version 7 , our JIRA installed on ec2 servers amazon web services so the step that im gonna do is

1. create image from the existing instance ec2 JIRA 
  2. load the image into new instance / new server 
  3. download new JIRA version 7 and install it untill finish
  4. running JIRA configuration tool.  to change the path / directory   

so the question that im asking is ? 
     whats the impact for the licensed on the existing JIRA servers 

Suggest an answer