Upgrade from 5.2.10 to 6.4 plugin issues.

Ahmed_Bilal June 4, 2015

I am going to upgrade JIRA 5.2 to JIRA 6.4. I am upgrading manually.

What i did is install new JIRA. Import the XML back up. All data is imported successfully in new JIRA and it is running perfectly fine. Hurrah! smile

But when i point JIRA home to old on problems begins. sad

When i start jira  it  stucks here [atlassian.plugin.util.WaitUntil] Plugins that have yet to be enabled: (23):

It start from 49 plugins and hangs at 23. I have read all the articles and done all the remedies.

1. Disable antivirus
  2. Remove plugin cache from JIRA home
  3. Setting these parameters -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
  4. Increasing plugin load time -Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=30000000

Ya it is 30000000 smile

Some one has any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

0 votes
crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2015

5.2 to 6.4 includes the major version bump from 5 to 6.  To paraphrase the Java API Policy for JIRA, These major version jumps are our way of declaring that we are making significant changes to the API that are likely to break plugins and it is very likely that the plugins you installed that work against 5.2 will use deprecated API methods that we removed in 6.0.

Since 6.0 has been out for quite some time, now, it is very likely that all of the plugins you are using have released new versions that support it – you just need to identify which plugins are causing trouble and upgrade them.

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2015

Please attempt to start JIRA without the plugins. For that, remove all files out of $JIRA_Home/plugins/installed-plugins folder. After that start JIRA.

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2015

Hi Ahmed,

Did you check Add-On Compatibility before Upgrading JIRA from 5.2 to 6.4 ?

Suggest an answer