Upgrade error: JIRA is unable to migrate the User Directory....

Carleen Dickerson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

Me again,

Attempting to upgrade from 4.1.2 to 4.4.5... Now the problem I'm having is with the osuser.xml file. Jira says "the osuser.xml file does not contains a recognized configuration..." I've seen the previous tickets about this and added the internal providers as recommended. Can anyone tell me what else is wrong with this file?? Here are some excerpts:

<opensymphony-user>

<authenticator class="com.opensymphony.user.authenticator.SmartAuthenticator" />
- <provider class="com.opensymphony.user.provider.ldap.LDAPCredentialsProvider">
<property name="java.naming.factory.initial">com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory</property>
<property name="cacheTimeout">30</property>
<property name="url">ldap://localhost:389</property>
<property name="searchBase">o=GNISE</property>
<property name="uidAttribute">uid</property>
<property name="memberOfAttribute">uniqueSystemRoleMember</property>
<property name="attributeMap">email=mail,fullName=cn</property>
<property name="staticGroups">jira-users</property>
- <property name="groupMap">
jira-administrators='rn=jira-administrators,ou=roles,an=JIMS,ou=applications,o=GNISE'
</property>
<property name="principal">o=GNISE</property>
<property name="credentials">password</property>
<property name="useTls">false</property>
<property name="serverDateFormat">yyyyMMddHHmmss'.0Z'</property>
<property name="exclusive-access">true</property>
</provider>
<provider class="com.atlassian.core.ofbiz.osuser.CoreOFBizCredentialsProvider">
</provider>
<provider class="com.opensymphony.user.provider.ofbiz.OFBizProfileProvider">
</provider>
<provider class="com.opensymphony.user.provider.ofbiz.OFBizAccessProvider">
</provider>
<provider class="com.atlassian.jira.user.osuser.JiraOFBizCredentialsProvider">
</provider>
<provider class="com.atlassian.jira.user.osuser.JiraOFBizProfileProvider">
</provider>
<provider class="com.atlassian.jira.user.osuser.JiraOFBizAccessProvider">
</provider>
</opensymphony-user>

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

Hi there,

The message "the osuser.xml file does not contains a recognized configuration" refers to this KB article, but I believe that what is happening is that you have more lines than the default into your osuser.xml and JIRA is failing to process this information.

I'd suggest to test the upgrade using only the default lines, as the example bellow:

&lt;opensymphony-user&gt;
     &lt;authenticatorclass="com.opensymphony.user.authenticator.SmartAuthenticator" /&gt;
     &lt;provider class="com.opensymphony.user.provider.ldap.LDAPCredentialsProvider"&gt;
     &lt;property name="java.naming.factory.initial"&gt;com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory&lt;/property&gt;
     &lt;property name="java.naming.provider.url"&gt;ldap://10.60.x.xxx:3268&lt;/property&gt;
     &lt;property name="searchBase"&gt;dc=xxxxxxxx,dc=internal&lt;/property&gt;
     &lt;property name="uidSearchName"&gt;cn&lt;/property&gt;

&lt;property name="java.naming.security.principal"&gt;CN=xxx,dc=xxxxxxxx,dc=internal&lt;/property&gt;
     &lt;property name="java.naming.security.credentials"&gt;xxxxx&lt;/property&gt;

&lt;property name="exclusive-access"&gt;true&lt;/property&gt;
    &lt;/provider&gt;

&lt;provider class="com.atlassian.jira.user.osuser.JiraOFBizCredentialsProvider"&gt;
    &lt;/provider&gt;

&lt;provider class="com.atlassian.jira.user.osuser.JiraOFBizProfileProvider"&gt;
    &lt;/provider&gt;

&lt;provider class="com.atlassian.jira.user.osuser.JiraOFBizAccessProvider"&gt;
    &lt;/provider&gt;
&lt;/opensymphony-user&gt;

I hope this has helped.

Cheers

Carleen Dickerson
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2013

Yes, you're right - I had too many settings. I was still using the settings of a custom provider we have for 4.1.2, which is not supported in 4.4.5. Thanks!

Suggest an answer