Upgrade alert for connected Stash

dave-irvine September 23, 2013

I'm currently trying to link Jira with Stash. I've successfully completed the Application Link, which shows up in both Jira and Stash, however in Jira when I view "Development Tools" for any Projects, I see a warning message that states:

Upgrade the flagged applications to enable more features.

with the Stash installation being flagged with the message:

Create branch from JIRA is unsupported.
Upgrade Stash to use this feature.

In addition, when I view an Issue in Jira, under the Activity section, there are tabs for "Commits" and "Source". When I view the "Commits" tab, I see:

Connect your code to JIRA

Link every code change to JIRA just by adding an issue keys in commit messages. Bridge the gap back to your source and know which changes fixed which JIRA issues.

with buttons to press to connect to Stash, however when I click them it just takes me back to Application Link. If I look in the "Source" tab, I do see Commits in Stash, so the integration seems to be working partially.

I imagine I've done something wrong, any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2013

As Timothy said, the commits tab is used by Bitbucket. You'll find the commits information for Stash (and FishEye) under the "Source" tab.

With respects to the "Create branch from JIRA is unsupported" message - that functionality has not been released yet for Stash.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Code+Integration+FAQ for more information.

In this case, can I hide the Commits tab? It shows "adverts" for BitBucket, Stash and FishEye, so I would have expected Stash related stuff to show up there when integration is enabled.

Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2013

You can hide the Commits tab by disabling the JIRA DVCS Connector plugin:

• Go to Administration > Add-ons > Manage add-ons
  • Select 'All add-ons' in the dropdown that say 'User installed'
  • Find the 'JIRA DVCS Connector Plugin' in the list and click it
  • Click 'Disable'

Unfortunately doing this prevents me from viewing any issues. The issues themselves show up, but I cannot view, edit, delete, or anything else.

Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
September 23, 2013

Apologies, I should have tested that before posting the suggestion. It appears other functionality on the issue page relies on the DVCS Connector plugin :(

Unfortunately, I can't find any other way to disable the Commits tab.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2013

Not sure what the first item is but for the second question, you should be looking at the Source tab. I believe the commits tab is the Bitbucket add on.

Suggest an answer