Hi,

I'am using JIRA 6.0 on Ubuntu Server. When I launch the ./atlassian-jira-6.1.1-x64.bin I've got this :

Where should JIRA 6.1.1 be installed?

[/opt/atlassian/jira]

It appears that JIRA is already installed in the directory you selected. Please choose a different directory.

I really need to change the directory ?

Thanks,

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Yeah that screwed me up few times too. Atlassian should really change the install so the bracketed number or letter(s) comes first.

If you just hit the enter(return) key, it will default to upgrade since the install noticed you had an installation already.

+1 I read description then assumed I had to hit 2 to upgrade, got confused, Ctrl+C, repeated the process without reading properly (dofus), googled, face palmed... Something not so user friendly about the layout of the option text.

Have you chosen the install instead of the upgrade option? You should choose to upgrade...

Upgrading JIRA on Linux

1. Download the appropriate 'JIRA 'Linux 64-bit / 32-bit Installer' (.bin) file that suits your operating system (for the new version of JIRA) from theJIRA Download page.
  2. Open a Linux console and change directory (cd) to the '.bin' file's directory.
    (Warnung)If the '.bin' file is not executable after downloading it, make it executable, for example:
    chmod a+x atlassian-jira-X.Y.bin
    (where X.Y represents your version of JIRA)
  3. Execute the '.bin' file to start the upgrade wizard.
  4. When prompted to choose between creating a new JIRA installation or upgrading an existing installation, choose theUpgrade an existing JIRA installationoption.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Upgrading+JIRA+Using+a+Rapid+Upgrade+Method

Cheers

Hi Christian,

I do this.. I choose '2' but the message appears :

./atlassian-jira-6.1.1-x64.bin
Unpacking JRE ...
Starting Installer ...

This will install JIRA 6.1.1 on your computer.
OK [o, Enter], Cancel [c]
o
Choose the appropriate installation or upgrade option.
Please choose one of the following:
Express Install (use default settings) [1], Custom Install (recommended for advanced users) [2], Upgrade an existing JIRA installation [3, Enter]

[/opt/atlassian/jira]

It appears that JIRA is already installed in the directory you selected. Please choose a different directory.

[/opt/atlassian/jira]

You have to choose 3!!!

1= express install

2= custom install

3=upgrade

;-)

Ahhhh! I will try asap!! Thanks... and sorry :/

No, I don't...

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 14 hours ago in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

41 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you