Upgrade JIRA from v7.0.10 to v7.3.6

Dnyaneshwar Borase June 27, 2017

Hi,

We have a plan to upgrade from Jira v7.0.10 to v7.3.6. We gone through the atlassian documents but unable to understand clearly. we have some queries;

1. Which method we have to use for upgrade Fallback/Rapid upgrade?

2. What is the difference between Fallback Vs Rapid upgrade Method?

3. Which customised files need to be migrate?Please share the list of customized files

Currently,we used system JRE in the v7.0.10 production server.We need to use internal JRE first & then upgrade it to v7.3.6. Please share the answers of above question & proper upgradation steps for the JIRA upgrade.

Thanks & Regards,

Dnyaneshwar 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2017

I don't think you've stumbled on https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/upgrading-jira-applications-861253088.html yet.

That explains questions 1 and 2 better than I can.

For question 3, I can't tell you.  The customisations are things you have done to your system for your reasons.

And the steps for upgrade are listed in the  links in the doc I mentioned for 1 and 2. 

You mention using the system JRE for version 7 which could be a complicating factor, I would be tempted to unpick that before any upgrade so that the upgrade process is working with the system it expects to see.

Dnyaneshwar Borase June 28, 2017

Actually, for the upgradation we have only single HW

As per the document  in the fallback method we need to use two instance for the upgrade (old instance for current JIRA version & new instance for upgraded jira instance)

Is it possible to create two instance within the single machine?

1. One drive for current JIRA 

2. 2nd Drive for upgraded JIRA

If we are using Rapid upgrade method then there is any method to rollback the JIRA version?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2017

Yes, you can install it more than once, just make sure you give them totally separate installation and home directories, and of course separate databases.

For Rapid upgrade, it's "go back to the backup"

Suggest an answer