Upgrade JIRA from 8.9 to 8.14

Hartono _ December 24, 2020

Hi, 

Currently I am running Standalone JIRA (all installer including database in one server) and installed on windows server 2019.

Currently, i am planning to upgrade my JIRA to 8.14 . But I got error on pre-upgrade checks.. said "Your Current Database version won't be supported".

The question is, how to check my current database version? and how to upgrade my database?

Capture.PNG

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2020

1. Settings 

2. System

3. System info

4. Find : A) Database type  B) Database version 

The following link will be helpful in knowing the compatibility of Software's like DB and Browsers and etc.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/supported-platforms-938846830.html 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2020

H2 is always unsupported, it's not the version.

Yes, you should migrated to a supported database, as soon as possible, before the h2 database fails catastrophically and you lose everything.

0 votes
Hartono _ December 27, 2020

Dear All, 

Thank you for the reply.

I have checked my database version, and it is still using H2 embedded.

Do I have to migrate to another Compatible Database?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 24, 2020

It is what it says - you're running a database that is on a version supported by 8.9 but won't do for 8.14, so you'll need to upgrade or migrate to a new one.

You can usually see the database version in the system incormation page in admin.

Suggest an answer