Upgrade JIRA 6.01 to 6.0.4 - Permission Schemes affected?

Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2013

Had an interesting thing happen during the upgrade from JIRA 6.0.1 to 6.0.4 this weekend. We have 3 permission schemes defined. All 3 had "Project Lead" added to the "Administer Projects" Role. All 3 had that disappear. I didn't see anything in the Release Notes that indicate any significant changes were made to permission scheme functions. Just curious if anyone else has seen this, or did I just get lucky?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2013

Hi Tini,

Regardign your question, we haven't made any change to project roles. Possibly the problem you saw was an isolated case. Did you see any error in your logs during the upgrade related to project roles or permission schemes?

Cheers

Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2013

No, I did the quick/easy upgrade by simply running the .exe, and it didn't give me any errors. I ran the Hercules support bot and didn't see anything related to permission schemes in the report. I easily fixed the issue by manually correcting the permission schemes (after one of my leads complained), but thought it was a curious thing worth noting.

Suggest an answer