Upgrade JIRA 3.12.2

Carlos_Machado April 10, 2017

Hello.  We are looking into upgrading JIRA 3.12.2 to the latest version of JIRA.  We would like to know what is required to upgrade and migrate data from this version.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2017

You will need to perform a string of upgrades, as there are only so many jumps in version you can make in one step.  Have a look through https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/upgrading-jira-applications-861253088.html

I would recommend:

3.12 -> 3.13 -> 4.0 -> 4.4 -> 5.2 -> 6.4 -> 7.0 -> 7.3

But, you might be able to skip the 3.12 -> 3.13 and possibly 6.4 -> 7.0 steps if your data is not to complex.

Carlos_Machado April 11, 2017

Hi Nic,

Thanks for the information.  That is definitely quite a series of upgrades.

Not sure if you can answer these questions but I would also like to know:

1. Which versions of JIRA are currently supported?

2. What cost is involved in performing all these upgrades? We are currently on a JIRA Enterprise: Commercial Server license

Thanks

Carlos_Machado February 3, 2020

Hi,

I am returning back to this question as we are again looking into installing a new version of JIRA, however, we will not be taking the phased-upgrade approach but rather just installing the latest version of JIRA. Can you please advise if 7.3 is still the latest version?

Thanks,

Carlos Machado

Suggest an answer