This is with Linux connecting to an MSSQL server.
Upgrade goes well until I try to connect to the service. Then it gives a stack trace complaining about "invalid column 'disabled'". I disabled the autoexport and it gives "invalid column 'WATCHES'" while trying to upgrade.
I found a mention of both these issues by a guy named Marcel in this https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+4.4+Upgrade+Notes upgrade note. His proposed solution, "add <schema-name>dbo</schema-name> to dbconfig.xml" does not help (either replacing the existing schema-name or adding as an additional line)(The schema is verified to be "jira" on the SQL server).
I have read through the upgrade notes but see no answer. As far as I can tell, this is a valid upgrade path
Binary is atlassian-jira-5.1.1-x64.bin
dbconfig looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
Any help much appreciated.
Increasing the permissions for the Jira user in the database allowed it to add the columns and the upgrade proceeded without issue (I also re-enabled the auto-export).
Given that the "unable to add column" error was present in the log, perhaps it would be better if this was what the displayed fatal error was on the webpage since it is the root cause of the problem.
I’m a designer on the Jira team. For a long time, I’ve fielded questions from other designers about how they should be using Jira Software with their design team. I’ve also heard feedback from other ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs