Updating the PCounter in OnDemand

Tessa Radwan August 7, 2014

I am creating a project to support an already existing change management process, where there are nearly 1000 items in existence outside of JIRA, each with a unique ID incrementing from 1.

I can't find a way to start the JIRA issue keys at 1000 to reduce the confusion from this migration. I've previously used the Download version of JIRA and seen this done, but I can't work out how (or even if it is possible) in OnDemand.

Is there a built-in solution, or an add-on, or even a workaround to let me do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2014

Nope, you can't do it in OnDemand.

The only thing you could try is importing/creating 999 duff items, then deleting them.

Tessa Radwan August 7, 2014

I had a horrible feeling that was the answer - but at least I don't have to confirm that by trial and error now, thank you.

AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2015

Cloud Support can update the pcounter ... just submit a support request and plan to afford about 15 minutes of downtime (maintenance can be scheduled anytime convenient, 24/7). Hope this helps!

AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2015

Suggest an answer