Updating participants/watcher field via workflow post-function

Deleted user May 30, 2012

Is this not possible via the workflow? I do not see that the Watchers field is a field that can be updated, but as it is a plugin I think it can't be modified that way. What I'm trying to do is to is when a certain transition is fired in my flow, the issue is assiged to a user. I also want to notify another team member of exactly this transition. But only this particular 'assign issue' action and not all 'assign issue' action, so a modified notification scheme is out of the question methinks.

Is this possible?

I have a Watchers field, don't seem to be able to update it myself. I have the Participants field, If I update that with just the name of the user to be notified, won't that erase the former value of the field?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2012

Yes, it is, but not out-of-the-box:

We created such actions using our plugin, JJupin, sent custom notifications, etc. You can use Jamie's Script Runner (free) to achieve the same, or any other scripting plugin.

Deleted user June 3, 2012

Thanks for that, I'll probably use the Script Runner . Seems to be pretty usable.

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2012

Er, you don't want to edit the participants field. It's derived from data on the issue, and hence can't actually be overwritten. Even if you could bodge something in, you've then broken it - the whole point of the field is that it displays reporter, assignee and commenters. (Of course, I'm assuming your "participants field" is a participants field and not just a user-picker you've added yourself)

Watchers is a real field, and Radu's answer is correct for that.

Deleted user June 3, 2012

I thought so regarding the participants field. I see that field as kind of tracking mechanism for each issue, who works on it or has something to do with it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events