Updating issue links

Petri Maatta May 14, 2013

What happens to issue links if the JIRA instance is relocated? Do they still work or is there any easy way to update them to point to the new location?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2013

Hi Petri,

Are you talking about the whole instance of JIRA moved to a new server? In this case, it will still work.

Petri Maatta May 14, 2013

Hi Bhushan,

Yep, I'm talking about the whole instance being moved. So the links will still work - great!

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2013

Make sure you do this on a test/staging environment when you are dealing with production instances

Petri Maatta May 16, 2013

Hi again,

I just noticed that I was not specific... I actually meant the issue linking between two instances, not linking within one instance. So if the other instance is relocated then the links will break up, right?

Suggest an answer