Updating custom fields during Workflow Transition

Kamlesh Rao January 27, 2014

I am trying to to use the Jira suite utilities to update a custom field based on the value of the issue id. I am unable to do so using 'Update Issue Custom Field' option with the Jira suite utilities using the Post functions of the transition.

From what I see it supports only a restricted set of macros and that too cannot be prefixed or suffized with any other strings

'%%CURRENT_USER%%'
'%%CURRENT_DATETIME%%'
'%%ADD_CURRENT_USER%%'

Is there way we can use Post Transition functions to set the custom text filed value as a concatenated value of user defined static string and the issue id.

2 answers

0 votes
William Galusz May 6, 2014

When Is this going to be released...

I have a multi Entry Field that I wish to load into a custom Field But Adjust to create a Role

ie .. Fielda has Accounts Payable,General Ledger,Accounts Recievable and they select General Ledger I wish to load the New field with GL_Appr and then have emails sent to that role in the field

0 votes
Stephan Bielmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2014

Please have a look at https://jsutil.atlassian.net/browse/JSUTIL-202, actually you can't but we are about to implement it for the next release.

Suggest an answer