Updating a custom field using post function in JIRA

Nguyen Tran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2017

I have 2 custom fields "A" and "B" which contain numeric value. I want to add a post function to a transition to update the value of "A" to equal A+B.

Is it possible to do that without the help of 3rd party add-ons?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2017

No, you'll need one of the add-ons that provide post-functions to do it.

Nguyen Tran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2017

Can you recommend one?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2017

Script Runner, Jira Misc Workflow Extensions and Jira Workflow Toolbox all do it, and there are probably others.

I usually try not to make specific recommendations because questions like this don't tell me enough to select a particular one that would work best for you.  You might have other needs that some add-ons might meet and others not.  You might not like that you'd have to write (albeit simple) code in ScriptRunner, where the other two have a more friendly interface (but less power to do exactly what you want in more complex cases).  The best I can do is suggest you have a quick look at their marketplace entries and decide which to try.

Suggest an answer