Updating a Custom field based on Changed Data

Ryan Tokash June 9, 2017

I have an integration that triggers off of a "Changed Flag" field. What I want to happen is any time the Due Date or several other date fields change (most of these changes are done by hand, not through Status change) I want the Changed Flag to Update so the record is processed.

The Workflows rules I currently see are all tied to Status change. But some of these dates are manually changed by hand and not through a status change.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2017

When you're looking for "update on edit", you need to find or write "listeners" to catch the "issue updated" event, check your data and update the calculated field.

There is another option - if you have a fixed formula on how your data is derived (in other words, the user never fills in the "changed flag", it's always calculated), you could use a "scripted field" instead - these are automatically regenerated on any change to an issue (apart from linking)

In both cases, you'll need some code to provide the listener or scripted field.  There's plenty in the marketplace, but if you can't find something flexible enough, you'll either need to write plugins or look for a flexible scripting or automation add-on

Suggest an answer