Updating KanBan Status

Matthew Finch December 14, 2021

Hi, 

Now I have my dashboard working, I have a second question. 

Currently, issues are added to the kanban columns according to status. But the issues I am looking to present are sorted in my dashboard according to date (e.g. upcoming tasks, today's tasks or future tasks - ie all in a relation to today's date) - they are sorted through filters. 

I have envisioned to have columns set up to show these past/present/future issues. 

I found out that I can set up a quick filter (with the same filters) so that's one way around it

But is there a way to apply filters to specific columns? Is there a way to assign a status based on criteria in a filter, e.g. everything that is future dated can be set to "to do" status while everything past dated can be set to "overdue" status etc

Thanks, 

Matthew 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2021

Hi @Matthew Finch 

You seem to be co-mingling a couple of ideas here, so let's try to split this up a bit...

You note a need to better see over-due versus other work items.  If we assume you are using the Due Date, you could create a swim lane filter which moves those issues to the top of the board, such as: due <= startOfDay()

That would leave issues in their current status and visible in the top swim lane.

If instead you repeatedly change the status of issues based on date (such as with an automation rule), as soon as a team member moves them as they work, they would revert back to the "over due" status.  That may not be helpful.

Kind regards,
Bill

Matthew Finch December 14, 2021

Thanks again, Bill - I will give those a try. The tracker is just for me, so there wouldnt be other team members updating it, but the swimlanes idea looks promising - Im really experimenting to find the best way to organise it so its a quite co-mingled idea, true :) Thanks again, Matthew

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer