Updating Hundreds of Projects to a New Workflow Scheme

Mike Sorensen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

I have a Workflow Scheme that is assigned to hundreds of active projects. I need to add a new workflow (not simply edit existing, but add a new one) and update the issuetype mapping. This will force me to make a new Workflow Scheme (not a problem) and edit each of the hundreds of projects assigning them to use the new workflow scheme - this could take days of tedious work.

Any suggestions for doing this faster?

1 answer

1 vote
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

You're allowed to edit an active workflow scheme. So create your new workflow, then edit the scheme to use the new one instead the old one.

Are you using JIRA 6.x ?

Mike Sorensen
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2014

We're using 5.2 right now. Expect upgrade to 6.2 shortly.

In our version, Edit of a Scheme is limited to changing its name - not much help.

Mike Sorensen
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2014

Haven't upgraded from 5.2 yet. Expect to do so in a week or two.

Suggest an answer