Updated values with Database Values Plugin

Ann Veremeychik August 14, 2013

Hello! My company and I are wondering if it is possible to get updated field value with the database values plugin.

I.e. I have a field with "select * from table_name" sql query. If I change some data in this table, in JIRA I still have old values even after restarting JIRA. So. Is there any possibility to have updated values or not? What do I need to do to achieve this?

5 answers

0 votes
Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2015

Did you ever get it to work?

0 votes
Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2013

Can you try to enable logging for the plugin? There information for that is here: https://bitbucket.org/wimdeblauwe/jdvp/wiki/PluginLogging

0 votes
Pierre Cattin
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2013

Hi Ann,

Try to restart the plugin (disable and then enable). It worked for me.

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2013

Hi Ann,

I see that you mentioned database values plugin, I see this plugin has some settings to configure database connection here. Possibly there's something wrong with DB connection, I'd suggest to check your logs to see if there is any message indicating this.

Cheers

Yes I configured it exactly as it is in this instruction. And there is nothing wrong in my log. Just some warnings that connected with other plugins and this warning:

/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa [atlassian.plugin.webresource.DefaultResourceDependencyResolver] Cannot find web resource module for: org.deblauwe.jira.plugin.database-values-plugin:scriptaculous

But here is the following information:

I just released the new version of the JIRA Database Values Plugin. It is now compatible with JIRA 5.1 and 5.2. Most notable change is that under the hood jQuery is used now instead of Scriptaculous.

so i think that this warning is not critical for me. But maybe I am just wrong and it is important.

0 votes
Aspect Infra Team
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2013

Reindex?

No, it didn't work for me

Suggest an answer