We have recently started with Jira and are just in the process of setting up before we roll it out to employees.
We have set up a few custom notifications, however when testing we are still receiving the old notification - not the new one that we have changed the text etc.
Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
I have managed to solve this, within language support it was translating our email from English (UK) to English (US), however in doing so it was reverting to the Jira Default, rather than our own Project Default message, not sure why this is.. Thanks
Per your description, I believe you are using JIRA Service Desk application. Is it correct?
Just to ensure we are on the same page, I would like to let you know that JIRA Service Desk has two types of notifications:
1 - Internal Notifications - These notifications are sent to the Agents of JIRA, which have access to work on the tickets and access the internal JIRA UI.
This notification can be configured at Project settings > Notifications. You can select who shall receive notifications, however, the notification content cannot be changed.
2 - Customer Notifications - These notifications are sent to external customers restricted to the Custom portal, which does not have a JIRA license and can only access the customer portal to create/comment on tickets.
This notification can be configured at Project settings > Customer Notifications. You can select who shall receive notifications and the notification content can be changed to the text you want.
That been said, please check if you are performing the notification test as a customer, so so the template used is from customer Notifications and not the Internal Notifications.
If you have properly configured the notifications, please provide us a screenshot of your customer notification and double-check if there are no duplicated notifications that could be sending the original e-mail.
Thanks for your reply, I can confirm we are using JIRA Service Desk.
I have been editing the customer notifications and sending test emails from a customer account, not an internal account.
I have managed to get the issue created email working by disabling the one in customer notifications and creating an automation rue, however this is not ideal and cannot be done for the rest of the notifications.
We have edited the standard template, the customer invited email and the request resolved email and none of these are coming through when the emails are triggered, they are simply receiving the default text. I have attached an image of the request resolved notification that we have edited and the customer notifications area.
Thanks for your help.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events