Updated custom field value only for new issues?

Tarun Sapra Community Champion Aug 01, 2013

Hi,

I am using a select drop-down custom field for a certain issue type. What i want is to update the values of the options in the drop-down but these updated value should only appear in the newly created issues, right now if I update the values the closed issues also display the updated values, how to avoid that?

Thanks!!

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

There's nothing you can do in Jira, it simply doesn't have any functionality to do that. (It would need to store the date you add the options and compare it with issue creation date every time you opened an issue)

Best you can do is hard code some javascript into the front end to suppress options you don't want.

Tarun Sapra Community Champion Aug 05, 2013

Jira should come up with something as this is a pretty common requirement, keeping the old custom field values and having new ones only for the new issues!

I'm not sure it's "common". I've never been asked for it in the 8ish years I've been working with Jira.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

220 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you