Update watcher field with component leads when components are edited

Amy Biasella
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2017

Currently I have a post-function on my create transition that adds watchers (specifically, Component leads) depending on what components are selected.

If an issue is edited later to add or remove components, I would like the watcher field to reflect this edit. 

I know how to do this with a JWT post-function but would prefer to keep this out of the workflow entirely. Component lead isn't technically 'issue data' so I'm not sure if I can use the automation add on to achieve this. Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2017

Hi Amy,

Unfortunately we don't support this yet in Automation for JIRA. We have an issue open to track this already though: https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-123

We've got quite a few higher priority items in our backlog at the moment so it will be a while before we can get to this, but we'll let you know when we get a chance to work on this.

Cheers,
  Andreas

Suggest an answer