Update to Jira 7.2 Service Desk Failed

Hi,

I've just updated JIRA to 7.2 from some 6.x version and everything goes ok. The problem starts when i try to update the service desk plugin to the lastest version, it shows errors and can't load correctly.

After search for the errors on google i came to this article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/after-upgrading-to-jira-service-desk-3-2-0-service-desk-project-s-navigation-bar-shows-unable-to-render-element-due-to-an-error-845943102.html

It describes exactly what its happening on my installation and don't know how to solve the issue.

I can't go back to JIRA 7.0 to perform the update as the article says.

Thank you,

Iago

2 answers

0 vote
Gerry Tan Atlassian Team Oct 10, 2016

The ideal case is you have a db backup of your 6.x JIRA and do double upgrade, one to 7.0, then 7.2. If you don't have 6.x backup, you might be able to downgrade 7.2 to 7.0 but this operation has higher difficulty since often JIRA will complain the database schema is newer than what it should be. I'd recommend contacting our support team if you have further issue with upgrade: https://support.atlassian.com

To resolve the issue do the following:

1. Setup a staging JIRA 7.1.9 instance.
  2. Get a backup of your main JIRA 7.2 instance.
  3. Install Service Desk on the staging instance from Admin > Application > Version & Licenses page.
  4. Install all other add-ons you are using on your production instance.
  5. Restore the backup from JIRA 7.2 on to the staging instance.
  6. Confirm that everything works as intended.
  7. Generate a backup of your staging instance.
  8. Restore this on to your JIRA 7.2 instance.

Test again to ensure everything works as intended.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

389 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you