Update software after Dragon Install ?

Jean-Philippe Murray May 13, 2015

I just received my Dragon Slayer T-shirt, and staring in wonder at the achievement, I asked myself...

The Dragon Install is said to be specifically targeted with specific version of Atlassian software, and I installed those, as it was the only version tested for installing and integrating all of the solutions.

But as anyone around try to update to latest versions? Any specific problem encountered? Is it advisable? I'd at least try to update JIRA and Confluence, but if it's known to cause problem, I'll just stick with the version installed!

1 answer

0 votes
Mr. Wolf May 13, 2015

Hi,
in your case i would recommend to reinstall the Atlassian tools in a new environment.

Because the Dragon Quest uses a PostgreSQL 8.4 and this version isn't supported
any more by Confluence 5.7.* and a database upgrade can be a little bit difficult sometimes.

You can still use the Here+Be+Dragons tutorial or the Atlassian Installation Documents as a guidance
to install the new enviroment.

After you installed the new environment, you can restore (if you want) all you data from a XML Backup
of the old System.

I think doing such a update / migration could be a sequel to "Here be Dragons",,,
maybe, "Here be more Dragons"

Greetings,
Oliver

Suggest an answer