Update resolution of parent issue when a subtask is created.

Shamsudeen Shaikh April 3, 2014

Hi,

I want to update the parent resolution (for eg : "On Hold" ) If a sub task is created.

It would be even more nice if the same can be updated when all the subtasks for the issue are resolved.

Thanks in advance....

Regards,

Shamsudeen.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2014

You'll need a spot of code to do that. A (script runner) listener or post-function can catch the creation of sub-tasks and update the parent resolution.

Be warned though - setting the resolution on the parent issue will make Jira consider it completed - that might not be what you actually want.

Similarly for "all the subtasks are resolved" - catch them being resolved in a script and update the parent if appropriate.

Shamsudeen Shaikh April 3, 2014

Thanks for the solution..... But I am very new to JIRA Administration..... Could you please guide me on the script runner... Is it a plugin which I have to download and where exactly in JIRA I have to do it...

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Shamsudeen.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2014

Use the "universal plugin manager" to add the plugin, and there's a link to the documentation for it in the descriptor when you find it in the marketplace.

Suggest an answer