Update issues through csv file

fabio marcelo October 7, 2012

Hi all,

It will be possible update the informations from issues in Jira through csv file ?

I am trying do this , but i only got to create a new issue.

I attached the csv file that i am using .

I want update the values from issue TRA-96.

Please could you help me ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2012

JIRA Command Line Interface support running CLI actions from csv including create and update. For example, see How to import JIRA issues using CSV

fabio marcelo October 8, 2012

Hi Bob,

I installed the CLI here.

Please could you help me to use this comand line interface?

Do you have one example "updating issues" from csv ?

Thanks in Advance

BR

Fabio

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2012

Follow the example for import issue, but the action should be updateissue instead of createissue.

https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ACLI/Release+notes+2.1#Releasenotes2.1-RunActionsFromCSVFile

Make sure you read about the parameters for updateissue

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2012

Norman answered it. See updateIssue for the parameters.

fabio marcelo October 9, 2012

Hi Bob and Norman,

Thanks for the help. I got create and update the issues.

But i cannot update the status from these issues . It will be possible change the status ?

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards

Fabio

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2012

Suggest an answer