Update from Jira 3.10.2 to Jira 4.4.5 ,the error show when I Restore JIRA data from Backup

Andrew Wang October 30, 2013

The material I Reference is https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Migrating+JIRA+to+Another+Server

When I use Jira 4.4.5 import xz.xml which is exported by Jira 3.10.2

The error show is picture "The error of Restore data from Backup"

So I can't use Jira 4.4.5 import xz.xml.

Errors

•The index path G:\WebAppServer\Data\IssueData\Indexs specified in the backup file is not valid.
•The attachment path G:\WebAppServer\Data\IssueData\Attachments specified in the backup file is not valid.

But My index path is picture "Indexing path"

My attachment path is picture "attachment path"

I don't know why the error show the index path and attachment path is in G driver,not in C driver

The Environment is:

I install Jira 3.10.2 , the tcp port is 8080, The SSL port is 8005.

The Path of the Jira 3.10.2 I install is C:\Program Files\JIRA-Enterprise-3.10.2

The database I use is Postgresql 8.2

The user name of Jira 3.10. 2 in Postgresql 8.2 is jira

The tableplace name of Jira 3.10.2 in Postgresql 8.2 is jira

The database name of Jira 3.10.2 in Postgresql 8.2 is jira

I export the xml of Jira 3.10.2 named xz.xml

Then I install Jira 4.4.5 on the same server, the tcp port is 8090, The SSL port is 8006.

The Path of the Jira 4.4.5 I install is E:\Program Files\Atlassian

The database I use is Postgresql 8.2 too.

Then I open the " Jira configuration tools " of Jira 4.4.5

I change the Jira Home Directory to "C:\Program Files\JIRA-Enterprise-3.10.2"

The user name of Jira 4.4.5 in Postgresql 8.2 is jira (I use the same user as Jira 3.10.2)

The tableplace name of Jira 4.4.5 in Postgresql 8.2 is jiradb

The database name of Jira 4.4.5 in Postgresql 8.2 is jiradb

Then I open the " Jira configuration tools " of Jira 4.4.5

I change the Database type is "PostgreSQL"

I test DB Connection is successful.

The content of jira-application.properties in Jira 4.4.5 is

jira.home=C:\\Program Files\\JIRA-Enterprise-3.10.2

The content of jira-application.properties in Jira 3.10.2 is Picture jira-application.properties(Jira 3.10.2)

Then I copy the content of jira-application.properties in Jira 3.10.2 to jira-application.properties in Jira 4.4.5,the content under "jira.home=C:\\Program Files\\JIRA-Enterprise-3.10.2"

Then I copy the osuser.xml from C:\Program Files\JIRA-Enterprise-3.10.2\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes to

E:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\atlassion-jira\WEB-INF\classes

When I use Jira 4.4.5 import xz.xml ,the error show::

Errors

•The index path G:\WebAppServer\Data\IssueData\Indexs specified in the backup file is not valid.
•The attachment path G:\WebAppServer\Data\IssueData\Attachments specified in the backup file is not valid.

How can I solve this problem?

Is there any wrong with update steps?

2 answers

0 votes
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2013

Based on the error, it seems like JIRA is having difficulties to locate the index files as pointed by the backup which throws this error.

Can you help to copy the contents from the location below to your new JIRA data folder and check if the problem go away?

• G:\WebAppServer\Data\IssueData\Indexs
  • G:\WebAppServer\Data\IssueData\Attachments

To

• C:\Program Files\JIRA-Enterprise-3.10.2\caches\indexes
  • C:\Program Files\JIRA-Enterprise-3.10.2\data\attachments

It will still prompt you error when restoring, but there will be a small link for you to choose to use default directory to move forward.

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2013

What is the error?

Suggest an answer