Update field order in issue viewing

Jerel April 23, 2014

I would like the issue 'Description' to be displayed above the 'Details' section when viewing an issue. I understand that I can use the 'Configure Screen' admin area to select the order of the fields people see when they are creating an issue, but not when the issue is eventually viewed.

This question has been asked before, but not answered correctlly (see https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/200578/customize-sorting-of-fields-in-issue-view)

The distinction is that now matter how I configure my screens, the order that it appears after the issue has been created is as follows:

DETAILS

DESCRIPTION

ACTIVITY

This is counterintuitive and strange looking to see all of the details before you even see the description of the issue.

I'm using JIRA version 5.2.11

Is there any way to re-order this? Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2014

Well, it's a nice easy answer - you will need to dig into the core of Jira and change the code that arranges the panels in the view screen.

You can configure the "view" screen to some extent, but Jira will pull out all the system fields (including description) into the standard display, as well as dates and people, into their respective panels.

Jerel April 23, 2014

So, essentially the answer is 'no' then, not through the preferred methods. Thanks for answering.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2014

Spot on :-)

I try not to be quite as negative as a flat out "no", and supporting information, even if it is a quick skim of a basic explanation, seems to be useful.

Suggest an answer