Update custom field value with Current_DateTime fails to display

Chris Volker February 25, 2015

We have JIRA Suite Utilities Workflow Post-Functions installed. We've added a post function that calls for a field to be updated with the %%CURRENT_DATETIME%% value but when tested, it fails to update. The fix is to remove the field from the post function, then re-add it again. Is there a known issue to cause this behavior?

5 answers

0 votes
Chris Volker March 2, 2015

This is Jira 6.38 with JSU of 1,4.9. The function was "Update Issue Custom Field" to %%CURRENT_DATETIME%%. (i.e., now). I'm thinking this may be brought on by the need for a system reindex, but this could be a need to update to 1.4.10. So far following a system reindex, the error has not reappeared in the environment. Thank you.

0 votes
MikeyS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2015

Chris, what version of JIRA and JSU are you using? Also, what is the custom field type that you are trying to update?

0 votes
MikeyS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2015

What order are your post-functions in?  Is this post-function being called before your re-index?

0 votes
Chris Volker February 26, 2015

I needed to make a clarification, on two points.  One, the post function IS called before the re-index in the PF.  Secondly, I have just completed a System level re-index due to other issues,  (I probably should have been more clear) but there may be a connection.  Once again I will make an update once a test is complete!

0 votes
Chris Volker February 26, 2015

Thanks Mikey, I did check this, and yes, that may be the case.  We completed a re-index, and I will do some additional testing and verify that the PF will work with this function and post a result to confirm the behavior is not repeating, this may be of help to other users.

Suggest an answer