Update a subtask field based on a value from its parent

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2013

Does anyone know how I can create a post function that will update a field on a subtask to a value that is on the parent - but, the fields are not the same. So, I cannot use the post function update field from parent. In my instance, I have a custom field called Employee that is a user field on the parent and I want to have a transition on the subtask that is assigne to employee - thus, I was to copy the field from the employee field on the parent to the assign field on the subtask.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2013

Make the employee field also for the subtask issuetype available (no need to put it in any screen). Then step 1:copy employee from parent to employee of subtask with update field from parent, then step 2: copy employee into assignee using copy value from another field postfunction.

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 20, 2013

I was trying to avoid that option. I was hoping that someone had done a plugin or script that might have accomplished this just because it requires significant existing issue/subtask updates and several workflow changes to accomplish. Thanks!

Suggest an answer